The State Historical Society of Missouri (SHSMO) exists to help you explore your place in history. The vast collections of genealogical resources, photographs, city and county histories, manuscripts, and newspapers held here tell your story.
Benefits accumulate — each level includes items from the preceding level.
- Missouri Historical Review, four issues,
- Missouri Times, four issues,
- Special rates on publications, research, and workshops, including 10 percent off in the Benton-Bingham Gift Shop
Individual $30, International $40, Student /Teacher Membership $25
Household /Organization Membership $50
- Special rates are extended to include two people
Ideal for families and groups such as libraries, historical societies, and educational institutions. For a personalized partnership, see the Corporate/Institutional Membership below.
Contributing Membership $75
- One complimentary workshop
Supporting Membership $125
- One additional complimentary workshop
- Microfilm loans sent directly to your address
Sustaining Membership $250
- Guided tour of collections with librarian
- Guided tour of gallery with art curator
Patron Membership $500
- Two hours complimentary research assistance
- Complimentary microfilm loans
- Behind-the-scenes tour with art curator
This level provides for a sustaining collection over time.
Corporate/Institutional Membership $500
- Benefits include a presentation by a SHSMO speaker and a technical support visit from SHSMO staff
George Caleb Bingham Society $1,000
- Annual premium
- Invitations to exclusive events and receptions
1898 Society recognizes planned gift and estate donors as well as those who make endowment gifts of $5,000 or more.
Support the Society: Become a member today!
Not sure which membership to choose? Please call the office at (800) 747-6366.
New members: You will receive an email when you sign up that will include instructions on how to take advantage of your membership discount while your membership is being processed. Be sure to watch your email!